Approaching The Book Of Revelation (6) - "The Revelation Of Jesus Christ (iii.b)

Whatever questions may remain unanswered, let's never forget that God has given us His answer to the question of salvation: "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" (Acts 16:30-31). In the Bible, there is great variety. The Gospel of Luke is very different from the Book of Revelation. The Book of Acts is very different from the Book of Psalms. The Letter to the Romans is very different from the Prophecy of Isaiah. What does this mean? Does it mean that the Bible is no more than a collection of books that don't connect with each other? Must we abandon the idea that the Bible has one central Theme - "the revelation of Jesus Christ"? While there is great variety in God's Word, we must see this as a great opportunity for looking at our Saviour, Jesus Christ, from a variety of different angles. The psalmist, the prophet, the gospel writer, the apostle to the Gentiles, the writer of the Book of Revelation - they're all speaking to us about our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. They're all pointing us to the One in whom alone there is full salvation. They're all saying, "Look away from me. Look to Jesus." They're all saying, "I'm only the servant. Jesus is the Saviour." Who is it that enables us to see the Bible as one Book? It's Jesus. He's the One who holds it all together. With Jesus at the centre of our attention, we come to the puzzling and difficult Book of Revelation and we say, "Here is Jesus. Here, we have more than a whole lot of strange and confusing visions that don't make much sense to us. Here we have a single revelation - the revelation of Jesus Christ." We read the Book of Revelation, and we pray, "Lord, whatever else I may see as I read this mysterious Book, let me see Jesus. Let me see Him, standing at the very centre of this Book. Let me see Jesus standing at the very centre of my life. Let me keep Jesus always at the very centre of my life."