Our Sin Is Great, But Our Saviour Is Greater.

Ezekiel 16:35-63
God calls His unfaithful people to listen to His Word: ‘You prostitute, hear the Word of the Lord!’(35). He speaks to them of ‘sin, righteousness and judgment’(John 16:8). He shows them their sin - ‘your filthiness and your nakedness’(36). He speaks to them as the righteous God, the God of perfect holiness - ‘Your eyes are too holy to look at evil. You cannot stand the sight of people doing wrong’(Habakkuk 1:13). He warns them that there will be judgment: ‘I will judge you”(38). Why does God speak to us of sin, righteousness and judgment? This is His way of bringing us to repentance - ‘I will make you stop being a prostitute’- and salvation - “My anger will be over, and I will be calm’(41-42). Our sin is great, but our Saviour is greater - ‘Wonderful grace of Jesus, greater than all my sin... Praise His Name!’.
_________________
Blessings in Christ
Christ in all the Scriptures
http://christinallthescriptures.blogspot.com