"My Help ... "

My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
--------------------

The Lord has listened long enough! He's listened to a lot of 'empty-headed words.' He has listened to a long, heated debate. There's been a lot of heat and not much light. Everything seems to be as clear as mud (Job 38:1). Now, it's His time for speaking! What does God have to say? He invites Job to look at the bigger picture. Being preoccupied with our own problems doesn't really solve anything. 'Why has this happened to me? Why did it not turn out that way? Why this? Why that?' - We go round in circles, thinking about these kind of questions. We don't have all the answers. There are plenty of things we don't understand. Even when we don't understand what's happening, we can still say, 'I lift up my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth' (Psalm 121:1-2).