"The Heavens Were Opened And I Saw Visions Of God."

Ezekiel 1:1-2:10
‘The heavens were opened and I saw visions of God... The Word of the Lord came to Ezekiel’(1:1-2). The Lord opens our eyes to ‘see the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ’(2 Corinthians 4:4). The Lord speaks to us and we must listen to Him: ‘Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening’(1 Samuel 3:9-10). ‘The Spirit came into me... Do not be afraid of them or their words’(2:2,6). Through the Spirit, we receive wisdom- ‘We have received the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand what God has freely given us’- and strength- ‘God strengthens us with power through His Spirit in our inner being’(1 Corinthians 2::12; Ephesians 3:16). ‘Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart... Be Thou my Wisdom, Thou my true Word... Be Thou my Battleshield, sword for the fight’(Church Hymnary, 87).
_________________
Blessings in Christ
Christ in all the Scriptures
http://christinallthescriptures.blogspot.com